The City of Panama City Beach has a council-manager government. The Mayor sits as a Council member-at-large and presides over City Council meetings. In the event that the Mayor cannot preside over a City Council meeting, the Mayor Pro-Tem is the presiding officer of the meeting until such time as the Mayor returns to his seat. The City Manager is responsible for the administration and the day-to-day operation of all of the municipal services and city departments. The City Manager also maintains intergovernmental relationships with federal, state, county and other local governments.
The primary law enforcement agency in the city is the Panama City Beach Police Department. The city and the rest of Bay County are also under the jurisdiction of the Bay County Sheriff’s Office.
- Gayle Oberst – Mayor (Term Expires in 2012)
- John Reichert – Ward 1 Council member (Term Expires in 2014)
- Rick Russell – Ward 2 Council member (Term Expires in 2012)
- Josie B. Strange – Ward 3 Council member (Term Expires in 2014)
- Ken Nelson – Ward 4 Council member (Term Expires in 2012)
- Richard Jackson – City Manager
- Holly J. White – City Clerk
- Panama City Beach Police Department
- Panama City Beach Fire Rescue
- Dan Rowe – President and CEO, Panama City Beach CVB
- Susan Estler – Vice-President, Marketing, Panama City Beach CVB
Primary and secondary public education is provided by the Bay District Schools (BDS).
The Gulf Coast Community College (GCCC) is located in Panama City, just across the Hathaway Bridge from Panama City Beach.
The Florida State University Panama City branch campus (FSUPC) is also located in Panama City, just across the Hathaway Bridge from Panama City Beach.
The new Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport provides commercial flights into the area. The airport serves private aircraft, domestic passenger flights, and freight/cargo flights. It is the first international airport to be constructed after the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Call Top Producers Real Estate Center……….850-234-0809…………Licensed in the State of Florida